A local singer/songwriter, James Holt, organised the concert at The Triangle as part of his degree.
James, from Smithills, is studying for a degree in music composition.
The event was aimed at encouraging young people to get involved in music and all monies raised will be used for that purpose.
James was joined by many friends and they, together with church members, provided an extremely entertaining evening.
Thanks go to:
- Local professional band, UZ3, who provided classic rock n roll with an emphasis on harmony vocals.
- Tori Wooff, a singer/songwriter who played a number of her own compositions.
- The duo, Lever & Young, on guitars and harmonica, who played a selection of Blues music.
- Local performance poets Scott Devon and Dave Morgan who treated us to recitals of their own work as well as those of Hovis Presley.
From our church community:
- Jamie Blatchley, on mandolin, and Tony Barton, on flute, who played instrumental folk songs.
- Renee Easterbrook, accompanied by Tony Barton on guitar, who sang ‘Memory’ from ‘Cats’.
- Joan Hindle who read some of her own poems to us while Annie Aspinall and Alison Critchley treated us to a rich assortment of poetical works.
A special thanks to James Holt who closed the show with many of his own songs. A very talented young man.
The evening raised £350 for the encouragement of youth music.